This qualification will contribute to the setting of standards in the resolving of crime sectors and will enhance the ability of professionals within the sector. This qualification will equip the learners with the abilities and competencies needed within the sector. This qualification will provide learners with elective areas in which learners will be able to specialise such as commercial investigations, private investigations, organized crime investigations and violent crime investigations.
Resolving of crime can be undertaken by the South African Police Services through one of their many units or by corporate and/or organizations prior to the involvement of the South African Police Services. This qualification will enable these learners to have common competencies which will make them mobile across the employment sector in this regard while still addressing the needs of various sectors through the elective component of the qualification.
Learners will be able to use investigative principles and techniques, interview persons, gather and collate information, understand and apply evidence handling and collection techniques, present evidence and demonstrate recovery techniques. The learner obtaining this qualification will be able to enhance service delivery to the internal and external clients that will endeavour to enhance satisfaction and trust. Qualified learners will be able to exercise their investigative responsibilities in accordance with the Constitution of SA as well as relevant legislation.
Why study with us?
We provide high quality academic trainings that will enable you to get qualified in your chosen field; you will also be provided with a solid foundation to help you build your career or business. We’ll help you achieve your ambitions no matter how big they are and at the same time open your mind to possibilities you didn’t even know existed. Our standards are very high yet, we are easily accessible and affordable to everyone irrespective of their socio-economic background.
- Grade 12 – Matric,
- A senior certificate or
- National Certificate (N3) or a relevant Nated equivalent qualification
On completion of the program, student will receive a certificate for each level completed and subsequently a Diploma in Family Law. Certificates and Diplomas are awarded by the SASSETA.
Fees and related academic expenses
Click below here to access the program FACT SHEET for a detailed info.
Duration of study
- Full Time: Minimum 2 Years
- Part Time: Minimum 3 Years
A learner acquiring this qualification will have skills, knowledge and experience to:
- Balance constitutional and legal rights of individuals with the competence to legally infringe those rights in the service of maintaining a safe and secure society.
- Prevent crime by conducting patrols.
- Support a criminal investigation by gathering initial information and evidence of a crime and attend to court duties by giving evidence.
- Prioritise and conduct an armed response to reported crimes.
- Conduct a lawful arrest.
- Safeguard, transport and release prisoners in detention.
- Conduct oneself in a professional manner that delivers quality service to the community.
- Conduct themselves as effective members of a policing team.
- Monitor, reflect and improve their own practices.