School of Engineering
About the School of Engineering at HBC
The HBC School of Engineering is a bridge to the future for potential engineer. The School of Engineering at HBC is unique! Each of our courses integrates elements of traditional theoretical and practical engineering disciplines and draws on the strengths of our impressive teachers who have vast training and industry experience.
An engineering career will develop your ability to think logically as well as creatively. It is now more than ever that the engineering profession needs creative people who can adapt to these changes and question, explore and invent new alternatives to better benefit the world we live in. These are skills that will be valuable throughout your life.
As a student engineer in the College, you will be trained by qualified and professional engineers in an environment where you will have the opportunity to learn and grow through both theoretically with us and practically from one of our industry training partner. Our courses are designed to respond to the needs of industry so, when you graduate, you will have the skills you need to build a successful career.
HOW CAN THE DIPLOMA in ENGINEERING BENEFIT YOU?
- Have the opportunity to make an informed choice on progression, having experienced elements of engineering, thus aiding retention and reducing the likelihood of poor choices;
- Undertake a range of learning within the programme, and must achieve in all these areas in order to receive a Diploma grade, improving their all round study and life skills;
- Manage areas of their own learning, primarily a project they agree with their tutor;
- Experience real work through work related learning supported by employers;
- Undertake work experience linked to their studies.