The purpose of the Public Administration qualification is to provide a structured programme for public officials that work with senior management officials so as to provide support to strategic leadership and management needed to transform all spheres of government.
The need for well-qualified efficient, client-oriented public officials is therefore identified as a priority in all the three spheres of government. The qualification is aimed at practitioners working in the public sector. It is a qualification in a career pathway towards an accomplished public administration and management specialist.
The qualification covers areas which include service delivery, knowledge management, formulation of public sector policies, risk management, applying the public sector legislative framework, managing people, leadership, financial administration, project management and information technology for the public sector.
The qualification will therefore enhance the ability of the qualifying learner as a public finance official to perform the necessary administration tasks expected as well as improve management abilities. In this way, the qualification enhances transferability of skills within different spheres of the public sector.
With regard to the implementation of public administration and management reforms, the qualification serves, as a basis of an effective implementation process by defining and identifying those competencies required by technical public officials. The possession of relevant knowledge, skills and attitude by public officials is crucial to the implementation of public sector administration and management reforms. Thus, the qualification contributes to the upliftment of South African economy in line with the aims of existing skills development legislations through enhancing of skill levels of public sector employees.
Qualifying learners could follow a career within the Public Sector’s:
- Financial Services.
- Project/Public Entity Management.
Why study with us?
We provide high quality academic trainings that will enable you to get qualified in your chosen field; you will also be provided with a solid foundation to help you build your career or business. We’ll help you achieve your ambitions no matter how big they are and at the same time open your mind to possibilities you didn’t even know existed. Our standards are very high yet, we are easily accessible and affordable to everyone irrespective of their socio-economic background.
- Grade 12 – Matric,
- A senior certificate or
- National Certificate (N3) or a relevant Nated equivalent qualification
- International students with Senior School Certificate can apply.
Exit level outcomes
On achieving this Qualification, the learner will:
- Manage service delivery improvement and employ client service delivery techniques.
- Manage and lead human resources in the workplace.
- Apply the principles of knowledge management to public sector administration.
- Plan strategically to improve business performance.
- Apply South African legislation and policy affecting public administration.
- Apply the principles of risk management to manage risk situations in the public sector.
- Design, formulate public sector policies and regulations.
This programme requires that the student undertakes an internship for a minimum of 12 months in relevant industry after completing the in-class academic study. There is an opportunity for job placement assistance through our industry network after graduating depending on availability.
On completion of the program, student will receive a certificate for each level completed and subsequently a Diploma in Public Administartion. Certificates and Diplomas are awarded by the Public Service Sector Education and Training Authority (PSETA).
Program Accreditation Information
PSETA – Public Service Sector Education and Training Authority Authority
Department of Higher Education and Training accreditation No: 2019/FE07/011
Duration, Study Mode & Intake Dates
- Study Duration: 24 months
- Admission dates: Throughout the year
Online & Part Time
- Duration: 24 – 36 months
- Admission dates: Throughout the year
• Administrative services manager
• City manager
• Public administration consultants
• Public finance manager
• Budget analyst
• General operations manager
• Utilities services manager
Related Industry Salary for graduates of Public Administration